The pages on this website (“the Website”) are published by Allan Morris (company reg. 01672709), a company operating at Sandypoint, Glendale Avenue, Sandycroft, Deeside, CH5 2QP.
The business treats the security of visitor data and right to privacy as a priority. Allan Morris ensures that at all times, personal data is handled legally and fairly, with full transparency of the data collected and how it is used.
- what personal data is collected
- how that personal data is used
- how privacy is maintained and protected
- legal rights to the use of personal data
About the personal data collected
The website may collect the following information about you:
- your name,
- your age and/or date of birth
- your contact details including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail address
- browsing activities on our websites
- your communication and marketing preferences
- your location
- your correspondence and communications with us through the available contact form
In certain circumstances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. We may also collect personal data from publicly available sources, or from third parties that have your consent to pass your details to us.
How data is used
Allan Morris may use your personal data for the following reasons:
- To respond to inbound enquiries using the information provided
- To verify your identity where required
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- With your consent, to contact you about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
- To optimise or tailor our website using visitor browsing habits
- To enable us to manage customer service interactions with you
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
Allan Morris may use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on appropriate offers or pertinent information.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by contacting Allan Morris via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Sharing data with third parties
Under some circumstances, it may be necessary to share your data with some of our service partners in order to make certain services available. Examples include customer services and IT support.
Where a third party may be involved, we also impose obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Allan Morris and to you, and for no other purposes.
Unless explicitly requested and with given consent, Allan Morris will not disclose your personal data to any unauthorised third party. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
How long is data held?
Allan Morris does not store data for longer than necessary. Retention periods may vary for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is six years.
How we protect your data
Security measures include:
- encryption of data
- regular security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data
- crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents
- controls which protect our entire IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access
Legal basis for using your data
Allan Morris collects and uses personal data when it is necessary for:
- pursuit of legitimate interest
- complying with our duties under a contract for the sale of goods or services to a customer
- complying with legal obligations
Site visitors have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
To protect misuse or mishandling of personal data, visitors have the right to:
- Request correction of personal information
- Request erasure of your personal information
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest. Users also have the right to object where Allan Morris is processing personal information for direct marketing purposes
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information
- Request access to your personal data subject to any exemptions that may apply
- Make a complaint to a supervisory body which in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office. The ICO can be contacted at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact detail below.
If you have any questions about how Allan Morris uses your personal data that are not answered here, or to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Users have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.